Tuesday, 27 June 2017
Monday, 26 June 2017
In CAREERS EDUCATION we have been learning to write a skills based Curriculum Vitae.
A skills based C.V. focuses more on the skills that we have, rather than our work history.
Here is a link to our online Modelling Book that shows the process we have followed.
Three things that I have learned about writing a Curriculum Vitae are:
- You have to have the right punctuation.
- You have to know 2 referees.
- Your C.V has to be short and not to long.
Here is a link to my Skills based Curriculum Vitae. (C.V Template.)
Wednesday, 31 May 2017
In reading we have been learning to….apply some criteria to evaluate texts eg accuracy of information and presence of bias.
Here is a link to our online modelling book
We have been evaluating texts against the following four criteria:
- Quality of language/ information.
These documents show evidence of my learning during this unit:
- Describing Author's Purpose Authors Purpose
- Criteria to evaluate texts Evaluate texts
- Evaluating a range of texts Evaluating a range of texts
My Next Step: Is to continue to apply this new knowledge and evaluate texts as I read them, checking for readability, accuracy, relevance and quality of language/ information
Friday, 5 May 2017
Rule Of Three
In the rule of three there is three girls called Joey,Stevie and Alex.
Alex has away's been the actor in the family.And the other girls are not really actors.When there are auditions for the school musical Stevie Wants to do it but there is a problem Stevie wants to get the spotlight one. But Alex Wants the lead.
Wednesday, 12 April 2017
Every Thursday the year 7/8 go to Lincoln primary school to do technology.
I am in Food tech today in food tech we made our own cupcakes I had a great
time making them.
On the way to technology I was only talking to the person next to me.I was showing the Care
values by saying thank-you to the bus driver and not talking loudly.On the way back I was only
talking to the person next to me.
I had a great time at technology and I can't wait until next time!
Current Events Term 1
In Current Events I covered these topics:
- The design of the Halswell Skate Park and I made a submission to the council.
- Donald Trump’s Refugee Plan
- Christchurch Earth Memorial
- The new Ngā Puna Wai Sports Facility
- The Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan with a submission to the council.
My favorite topic was...The red zone regeneration plan because…it was fun reading and learning about it.
Here Regeneration Plan on the Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan.
The Reading National Standards I have achieved are
- Year 7 and 8
- Identifying and resolving issues that come from competing information in texts
gathering, evaluating, and synthesising information across a small range of texts
- I can use appropriate skills and technologies to find and use a range of texts for specific purposes.
Term 1 Novel Study
This term I have been reading and studying the novel …Abandon Ship
I found this novel (interesting) because…I like reading about events that have happen in the past and I like reading books that have a good tittle.
During the novel I had to complete two major assessment tasks. The first is an Explain Map which shows the consequences of a major event in the book. The second was a Describe++ Map (Inference map) which shows I how I have connected prior knowledge and other experiences to what I have been reading to make an inference.
National Standard this covers
- Year 7/8 Standard
- using several pieces of information to make inferences
using their prior knowledge, along with information in the text, to interpret abstract ideas, complex plots, and sophisticated themes
- I can use a range of strategies, such as inferring, to work out more complex words.