Wednesday, 12 April 2017
Current Events Term 1
In Current Events I covered these topics:
- The design of the Halswell Skate Park and I made a submission to the council.
- Donald Trump’s Refugee Plan
- Christchurch Earth Memorial
- The new Ngā Puna Wai Sports Facility
- The Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan with a submission to the council.
My favorite topic was...The red zone regeneration plan because…it was fun reading and learning about it.
Here Regeneration Plan on the Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan.
The Reading National Standards I have achieved are
- Year 7 and 8
- Identifying and resolving issues that come from competing information in texts
gathering, evaluating, and synthesising information across a small range of texts
- I can use appropriate skills and technologies to find and use a range of texts for specific purposes.
Term 1 Novel Study
This term I have been reading and studying the novel …Abandon Ship
I found this novel (interesting) because…I like reading about events that have happen in the past and I like reading books that have a good tittle.
During the novel I had to complete two major assessment tasks. The first is an Explain Map which shows the consequences of a major event in the book. The second was a Describe++ Map (Inference map) which shows I how I have connected prior knowledge and other experiences to what I have been reading to make an inference.
National Standard this covers
- Year 7/8 Standard
- using several pieces of information to make inferences
using their prior knowledge, along with information in the text, to interpret abstract ideas, complex plots, and sophisticated themes
- I can use a range of strategies, such as inferring, to work out more complex words.
Posted by Unknown at 10:19